Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Bling Bling Flower Ring

I've always told myself that if I am going to make a real go of my own business that I would have a true passion for what I was doing and allow myself to laugh at my mistakes. Heck, for the first time in my life I'm my own boss so there is no one to report to but me!


This past growing season has taught me more than I have learned in my past 35 years of gardening. The people that I have met this summer are genuine and full of true gardening wisdom. Everyone is willing to share their tried and true tips which saves so much trial and error. It is my goal one day to gather all the information and write a book to share gardening advice local to Maine and specific to our region.

Getting back to the reason I started this blog. My friend Erika (part time yard saler and buyer for PPGP) found these really neat flower rings at a shop in Boothbay Harbor. So I had her buy them out and sold them at the shop. They became popular real fast and it wasn't long before there was only one left so I called the store and asked where they got them from. I have been bounced around and no one is returning my calls so I thought I would research them online on my own.

After hours of looking on the internet, I finally found the rings! I ordered a dozen of them along with some mood rings. The package arrived and I was excited to see the rings in all the sparkley colors. Well you can imagine the shock when I opened the package and they were about 10 times the size of the original rings! I laughed out loud and displayed them in the shop despite their massive gaudiness. They have been quite the conversation piece. I still have 6 more if you are interested!

Here are some pictures of the rings - the one I tried to reorder and the one I actually received.

When my friend was driving in front of me the glare from the big ring was blinding me.




No comments:

Post a Comment